Tempus IV Programme
Overall objective: to support the modernization of Higher Education in the EU's surrounding area (Eastern Europe, Central Asia, the Western Balkans and the Mediterranean region)
- To promote the reform and modernization of higher education in the Partner Countries;
- To enhance the quality and relevance of higher education to the world of work and society in the Partner Countries
- To increase the capacity of higher education institutions in the Partner Countries and the EU, in particular their capacity to cooperate internationally and to continually modernize
- To assist them in opening up to the world of work and the society at large
- To foster the reciprocal development of human resources
- To enhance mutual understanding between the peoples and cultures of the EU and the Partner Countries.
- Curricular Reform: modernization of curricula in academic disciplines identified as priorities by the Partner Countries
- Governance Reform: university management and services for students, introduction of quality assurance, institutional and financial autonomy and accountability, equal and transparent access to higher education and development of international relations
- Higher Education and Society: training of non-university teachers , development of partnerships with enterprises, knowledge triangle education-research-innovation, training courses for public services (ministries, regional/local authorities) , development of lifelong learning in society at large and qualifications frameworks.